Tips for Water Damaged Wood Floors
Possibly a water main broke in your building; or perhaps your”little helper” got a little mad one day doing dishes. In any case, you confront water-damaged wood floors, and you want a solution ASAP.
Wood flooring and hardwood flooring can last decades, even if properly treated. But fixing a hardwood flooring that has been ruined by water saturation requires timeliness, care, and a systematic strategy.
1. First off, sop up the water and moisture immediately. You are able to use a mop, a fabric, a towel, etc.. The longer the water stays on the timber and soaks it, the more harm it may cause.
2. Dry the floor out completely, not just to prevent the boards from buckling or warping but also to halt the growth of bacteria and mould. Based upon the size of the drip, you might need to use big fans or dehumidifiers or phone a professional hardwood floor cleaning and repair support.
3. Be cautious about what options you use to wash the floor. Some detergents and cleaning chemicals can etch into the timber, discolor this, or cause other costly problems.
4. Once the damage has been completed, locate the origin of the water spill/leak and resolve the root problem. You want to put in systems to avoid damage from recurring. [Many homeowners fail this step!] When a pipe burst from the walls, then ensure that that pipe becomes repaired, and then determine what caused it to burst in the first place and fix THAT problem. If your child”did the dishes” if you were folding laundry, and he soaked the flooring, instruct your toddler better principles of water management and safety.
5. Finally, know your limits. It’s true that you can rent powerful dehumidifiers and try to sand, buff and refinish your floors on your own. But doing all that work can be expensive and dangerous, not to mention time-consuming.
Contact the Acton Hardwood Floor Professionals Today
Respect the value of your own time and sanity. For help performing the correct job the Ideal way — to minimize harm and maximize the long-term beauty/utility of your flooring — telephone the Floor Sanding Acton staff at now for a free quote at 020 3369 3145. We specialize in hardwood floors installation and repairs, which means that you can quickly proceed in the mess with much better looking flooring than you had before the water damage!